As we enter the festive season of 2015 it’s a time to reflect on our achievements for the year. Did you achieve your most recent 90 day and 12 month goals? Is your life progressing towards the Success that you desire?
Below are some my favourite quotes that I recommend you read as review the year that 2015 was and plan for what 2016 will be:
- “Everything you can imagine is real.” — Pablo Picasso
- “Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” — Barack Obama
- “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” — George Eliot
- “If you love what you do and are willing to do what it takes, it’s within your reach. And it will be worth every minute you spend alone at night, thinking and thinking about what it is you want to design or build.” — Steve Wozniak
- “Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.” — Maya Angelou
- “In the midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you.” — Deepak Chopra
- “We should remember that just as a positive outlook on life can promote good health, so can everyday acts of kindness.” — Hillary Clinton
- “As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others.” — Bill Gates
- “There are no mistakes, only opportunities.” — Tina Fey
- “We can’t help everyone, but everyone can help someone.” — Ronald Reagan
- “Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.” — Oscar Wilde
- “In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity.” — Albert Einstein
- “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” — Nelson Mandela
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” — Steve Jobs
- “But you have to do what you dream of doing even while you’re afraid.” — Arianna Huffington
- “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” — Maya Angelou
- “If you can do what you do best and be happy, you’re further along in life than most people.” — Leonardo DiCaprio
- “Success isn’t about how much money you make. It’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.” — Michelle Obama
- “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.” — Warren Buffett
- “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” — George Bernard Shaw
- “The best way of learning about anything is by doing.” — Richard Branson
- “Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction.” — John F. Kennedy
- “Don’t let the fear of striking out hold you back.” — Babe Ruth
All successful people have a team of advisor’s to help them get to the top and stay at the top. Last week I read a Fortune article outlining the best advice the Top 40 Under 40 – Most influential Young People in Business List have received from their advisory team. It shouldn’t be any different for you. Who is in your “A Team” of advisor’s and have they already created the success you are planning to achieve?
Remember the lesson from the Richest Man in Babylon – “Advice is the one thing that is freely given away, but watch that you only take what is worth having.”
The article is a great quick read and only take about five minutes of your time. It outlines the best counsel from a broad group of people. The advisors include investors, a teacher, a college professor and good old Mum & Dad.
My two favourite quotes are:
“You don’t fail until you stop trying” – Charles Falzone (Father)
“Don’t take life too seriously you’ll never get out alive” – Unknown<
Our Profit First Casflow Methodology is revolutionising SMEs profitability in their business.
We are mentoring business’ to increase their profit by 100-200% within 90 days.
Want to know more?
Here’s your next step – click here to contact us about booking in a “No-Obligation” Profit First Assessment and let’s discover the hidden profits in your business… [Valued at $1495.00 – yours FREE]
As some of you may know this year I have committed to reading at least 20 books.
I am focused on finding those golden nuggets of information that will assist me drive x10 Profitability, Team Performance and Client Engagement. I know you are all busy growing your own businesses but think you would benefit from me providing a quick review and any golden nuggets I find.
“We don’t know what we don’t know! Never stop learning” – Success Architect
The first book I would like to share with you is Topgrading by Bradford D Smart
Brad outlines a fantastic systemised approach to hiring new team members. We all know how important our team is to the success of our business. Since implementing these hiring processes and procedures I have hired two fantastic new team members that are 100% “A Players.”
These “A Players” joining Your Corner are high producers that have positively impacted the teams they joined, produce higher quality work then the people they replaced and are an absolute pleasure to work with. How many new team members would you like joining your business that have these attributes?
I am now hiring not only for technical knowledge but putting 80% of my focus on personality and attitude – its been a game changer for me and I hope you will garnish some benefit.
How is Apple’s Angela Ahrendts, the former CEO of Burberry, been improving the TEAM?
With over 60% of Apple’s employees working in these stores, she has chosen to focus on the “people side vs the product side.”
This Fortune article details why Tim Cook chose her; how she has spent her first year; and some of the routines (you might initiate) she’s added to the stores.
There are some excellent insights into hiring top execs and the mistakes to avoid in the article tat align with my the aforementioned book.
|One of the first things Ahrendts did was institute a now-weekly video communication in which she lays out the game plan. It may seem small, but every Apple store employee I spoke with cited it as a welcome change. The video is a combination pep rally and strategy session, with three key thoughts expressed in a few minutes.|
|…to better understand retail staffers’ perspectives, Ahrendts launched Share Your Ideas, an internal app in which they can propose improvements or lodge complaints. (Apple had a process before, but it was mostly ad hoc and not widely used.) Ahrendts says she reads every comment, and within 48 hours someone from her team responds.|
Ahrendts also brought the physical stores and online retail together under one team so there was a common customer experience. This article is worth the 3 minutes to pick up more tips on how a new executive makes an impact to an already successful store and brand.
Have a great day.
Yours In Success,
PS – What to read more but time constraints? A great ‘HACK’ I discovered to increase reading speed by nearly 300% was too listen to the audio book whilst reading the eBook simultaneously. I use a combination of Kindle with Whispersync (BEST) on an iPad or Kindle and Audible, more difficult to synchronize.
When you are listening to the audio increase the speed to x1.5 or x2. You will be able to get through an entire book in 2-4 hours.